Saturday, December 22, 2007
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Dont you love how all holidays are falling so close to each other, and how we are just so lucky to take Eid, Xmas, and New Years ALL OFF..yay
I always wonder, did people actually cook lam meat on Eid El- Adha back in day?
I alway remember my mom taking the day off and leaving it up to steak house to feed us on this day...
Monday, December 17, 2007
The father "sold the hard-to-get "Guitar Hero III" video game he bought his son for 90 dollars for Christmas at an online auction, fetching 9,000 dollars."
Would I be pissed if I was this kid!! The idiot could have sold it himself on eBay
Here is the dummest Futureshop/ Guitar Hero ad EVERR...
What holiday ads drive you crazy?
Saturday, December 15, 2007
This is a case of domestic violence, which always re-occurs in what seems like a peaceful town like Mississauga. It is not a case of oppression of Islamic traditions for women, and most importantly, it is not a Muslim life style issue.
The case is purely an issue of violence against women, and a case of poor guidance toward integration for new Canadian families.
Aqsa was failed by the school system, and by the Muslim community centers in Mississauga to guide her and her family through their ordeal. Our MANY mosques and community centers are failing many young Muslim Canadians by not teaching them how to integrate and interact with this new society to them or their parents, without losing their identity. Aqsa has lived a double life as a Hijabi at home, and as a more ‘Westernized version’ at school. Not being able to achieve a balance of both, has led to clash with her family, just like many young Muslim Canadians. *I have seen this happen in Jordan and Saudi, Idont recall someone being killed over it!*
I am NOT trying to defend the father, simply because nothing JUSTIFIES the killing of his OWN child. I am also not trying to blame our Islamic Centers, as they are always lacking the resources for most similar projects. But I can not help it but think how things would have been different if some kind of counseling was seeked by the school, the family, or the child who was killed.
Monday, December 10, 2007
- Is there such a thing as coffe rehab? There should be. I have been trying to reduce my coffe consumption for 3 days now. I am down to 6-7 cups a day, plus some tea. Any tips regarding my addition?
- I have been in a testing/assignmenting process for two days , even after finishing all school related work. boooh
- This other non-school work is SOOOOO BORING. I change my mind, I take it back, I want to stay unemployed if this is how it is going to be. Orientations were very boring, and above all, too easy to make me bother regarding picking the right choice, or circuling true and false....
- My mom is visiting..so YAAAAY
- My mom is visiting. and on another note, I have to prepare for the ceremoney by doing the following: clean the house ceiling to floor, clean HER car, wash all the beddings, finish the 3 weeks worth of laundry, grocerize (hate hate hate grocery shopping), make sure my clothest is in tip top shape....Ah I thought I am supposed to be vacationing
- I really really really wanna see some x-mass decorations. I really wanna finish this post and go check out Square One shopping centre. I envy all those worry-free teenagers walking around with their red, white and green coulored shopping bags, so happy about their purchases. I can not go any longer (almost 45 days) without going to the mall.
- I FINALLY watched American Gangster. Thank you F for making sure I make it on Friday. A PROPER movie review is to follow, but for now, I have to say it is a 6.5/10
- I want to strat reading my novel. I have been in restoration mood for two days. This means that I fall asleep on the couch the minute; the tempreture reaches 25 c, my brother stop talking to me, or the minute I start gazing at a document that is not displayed on my laptop (i.e. books and magazines). Yes. something like what grandpa Simpson does :(
- I hate emotional roller coasters. Even the funny ones. I get headaches afterward, which is not good for my coffe addition...
- I am going to use Areal from now on on this blog. My prof actually penalized me for using TNR instead of Arial on my presentation.
- I have to go to Homedepot tonight. I hate hate hate Homedepot. But the light fixture which I bought is not going to hang itself. I have been waiting since October 2006 (yes that long) for it to be hanged by itself, or by brother. I give up. I need ligh in the guest room now
- I exactly have 18 hours to do all of what I said above before mom arrives.
Ps: my mom is a really lovely lady. She is not scary at all. However, she is for some reason obsessed with order, and neat houses. Above all that, she has a sense of humour which feeds off stories about her kids. Walking into our house as is, will give her comedy matatrials for a month to come. No thanx, i will do my chorse on a short notice instead.
I miss my mom beyond anything I can describe, I love her too. Above all, I love the goodies she is bringing in her suit case from Jeddah and Amman.
I just realized that you would not have needed to read this if only I can find my cell phone and call someone to ramble out all of this, but I missed my blog. I promise some real articles SOON!
Saturday, December 1, 2007
I have spent it on my kitchen table with my laptop and endless stacks of papers and textbooks. I have learned so much in this month. I am just not sure where to apply all those business concepts I have accumulated. Fingers crossed Dana would get that job... and see if all of this cramming of information and assignments was necessary...
Missing- was The Black Iris of Jordan blog for almost a week. It was mysterious enough to make me start to think that he was blocked by some authority figure. But then again...if anything he should be adopted by those authorities...
I discovered Yamli today...just one of the greatest ideas coming to live...making life easier for hundreds of Arabic typing literals just like me.... I shall post more about it. I am really curious about who started it and how are they planning to make money out of their online presnce..plus I am sure I will find plenty of entertaining materials about using this applications..YAMLI ROCKS
I am too wiped out by now... This month was a true hardcore work month...I hope that life takes a better turn. December is promising a lot of reconnecting...a lot of learning...a lot of decisions...and maybe a chance to take back life
I need some time apart from my laptop...my sick laptop
Can’t wait to start reading Love in the Time of Cholera....